Comic-Con

Comic-Con

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Creepy Crawly (School Visits Part 2)

We spent a lot of time discussing what it means to live a life of an author. Lehua put a great presentation together explaining the joys and frustrations that come with living this kind of lifestyle. There were a lot of cute puppy pictures and her special brand of humor made the entire experience very entertaining. Most of the students were shocked when I was introduced as the horror writer. The number one response was, "But you look so normal..." Through the years, I've ran into this a lot. Christine actually really likes this phenomenon and waits for people's reaction when I say I write horror, but the kids in Mrs. Killian's theater class soon realized it wasn't a joke when I handed them one of my poems. One girl was so freaked out by the content that she claimed the door opened by itself. To watch their performance follow this link:


Mr. Scow's students were also good at setting a tone. Devin shared:

"Adrian, Adrian, ADRIAN!! Wake Up!"

It was too late. Adrian was too far gone.

There his body laid, next to the broken road. Just thrown into a muddy ditch. The trees with their long branches touching the sky made the scene feel much more ominous.

The sun began to outstretch from the sky. The sun was laughing, envoking Adrian's dead body.

And Joe knew that nothing would ever be the same again...

I don't know about you, but my the hair on the back of my neck stood up when the sun evoked Adrian.

No comments:

Post a Comment